Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Paper Submissions
Writing tutors will be available to review papers online. Please submit them for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the important details:
- Students may submit papers written for any subject area.
- Each paper may be submitted twice for feedback
- Papers must be sent from your TCTC email address
- Papers should be submitted at least two full weekdays before the paper is due. Tutors review during scheduled working hours, and those do not include weekends.
- Papers should be sent as attachments (not in the body of an e-mail). Attachments should be Microsoft Word documents (.doc or .docx file formats).
- Papers should be complete, including parenthetical citations and sources (if documentation is required).
- Include the following in the body of the email:
- The instructor's name
- The name of the course
- The time and place the course meets (ex. Econ 203 online; History 210, 5:30 P.M. at Hamilton Career Center; English 101, 8:00 A.M. at Wren High School; or English 101 at 5:00 P.M. in Oconee Hall 207)
- The type/purpose of the assignment-comparison/contrast, summary, research, illustration, article, book report, lab report, process, report, response to reading, summary, analysis, persuasive paragraph, portfolio, etc.
- The date the paper is due
- Any additional information to help the tutor understand the requirements of the assignment, such as a rubric or the assignment details.
- Answer questions about course material or the writing process
- Strengthen students’ academic skills and encourage positive learning habits
- Provide academic coaching on study skills, time management, technology, and other learning strategies
- Engage the student in an active appointment
Tutors will NOT
- Complete the work, give answers, or edit an assignment
- Review papers or assist with assignments due within the NEXT TWO HOURS (This does not provide adequate time for the student to utilize and apply the information from the session.)
- Assist with quizzes or tests without instructor consent
- Provide feedback about possible grades on an assignment
- Bring any required materials for the appointment (e.g. textbook, assignment sheet, syllabus, etc.)
- Attempt the work prior to the session
- Set goals for the session
- Be conservative with scheduling (Although multiple appointments are permitted, back-to-back appointments and excessive scheduling are not allowed unless students have accommodations or a special circumstance approved by the Tutoring Services Manager.)
- Notify Tutoring Services of a cancellation or tardiness at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled session (If a student is over 10 minutes late for an appointment without contacting Tutoring Services, the appointment may be given to another student. Also, if a student misses 3 consecutive appointments, Tutoring Services has the right to cancel the remainder of scheduled appointments after trying to reach out to the student.)