Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
South Carolina Cultural Institutions
- South Carolina Arts Commission The Arts Commission is dedicated to building a thriving arts environment for the benefit of all South Carolinians.
- South Carolina Department of Archives and History The Department of Archives and History preserves and promotes the documentary and cultural heritage of the Palmetto State.
- South Carolina Historical Society The South Carolina Historical Society is dedicated to expanding, preserving, and making accessible our invaluable collection, and to encouraging interest and pride in the rich history of our state.
- South Carolina Humanities Council The South Carolina Humanities Council funds, promotes, counsels and coordinates exhibits, documentaries, discussion forums, planning, workshops, dramatizations, and lectures that pertain to the humanities.
- South Carolina Institute of Archaeology and Anthropology The SC Institute of Archaeology and Anthropology is a USC research institute and state cultural agency that is concerned with the state’s prehistoric and historic archaeology.
- South Carolina Literary Map The South Carolina Literary Map showcases authors who have lived, worked in, or had other connections to counties in South Carolina.
- South Caroliniana Library The South Caroliniana Library is a special collection library of the University of South Carolina, focusing on South Carolina-related material.
SC Photographs and Images