Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Important COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Information and Safety Guidelines for In-Person Tutoring
*Please note: We hold everyone’s health in high regard and want to ensure tutoring is as safe learning environment. If you feel ill or have been around anyone who has been ill, please book an online tutoring appointment instead of coming to campus.
In preparation of a tutoring session:
- Wear a mask during your tutoring appointment.
- Bring your laptop and all other course material, such as books or homework, to the appointment.
- Check in at the front desk of the tutoring area before your appointment, and the front desk assistant will direct you to your tutor.
During a tutoring session:
- There will be a whiteboard on the wall for you to write on, and the tutor will have their own whiteboard to write on.
- There will be a monitor on the wall that you can plug your laptop up to in order to show work on your computer.
- There will be a document camera that you can place your book/homework/paper under in order to display it on the monitor.
- There will be no exchange of materials between you and the tutor.
After a tutoring session:
- If you picked up a marker at check-in, please return it to the “used” marker bin located at the front desk.
- The tutor will sanitize the room, table, and used items before the next tutoring session (each tutoring appointment is 45 minutes to allow 15 minutes of sanitation before the next appointment).
- Feel free to book another appointment in order to stay ahead of your coursework.
Tutoring Service Description
The Learning Commons offers online and in-person tutoring services that are available free of charge to TCTC students. Tutors work collaboratively with students to build skills and content knowledge in math, chemistry, biology, astronomy, business, Spanish, engineering, and more. Tutors also offer writing support in all subject areas. In addition to course-specific support, academic coaching is also available on topics such as study skills and time management. Appointments are encouraged and can be made by calling the tutoring service desk.
Hours of operation
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Hours vary—please call 864-646-1367 for information